Match Preview: Ireland 0-1 Ukraine Predictions and Betting Tips 08.06.2022
Ireland – Ukraine Predictions & Tips For Today, June 8, 2022.
League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE B – ROUND 1
Match: 19:45 Ireland – Ukraine
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Ireland – Ukraine Match Preview
- Republic of Ireland’s UEFA Nations League (UNL) campaign couldn’t have got off to a much worse start, as they were humbled by FIFA’s 92nd ranked side, Armenia (1-0). While FIFA’s rankings dictate Ireland just lost their ‘easiest’ game, attention now switches to the visit of the group’s best ranked side, Ukraine, in what will be the first ever international meeting between these sides.
- That opening day defeat to Armenia extends Ireland’s winless UNL run to 11 games (D5, L6) and interestingly, Stephen Kenny’s side are yet to score a home UNL goal in the competition’s brief history so far! A change in fortunes could be on the horizon though, with Ireland scoring seven goals across their last four home internationals, including two against FIFA’s #2 ranked side, Belgium (2-2).
- Most people from a non-Welsh persuasion would’ve been rooting for war-stricken Ukraine to seek solace in the form of World Cup qualification with a win against Wales last time out. However, it wasn’t to be for Ukraine, who fell to a 1-0 defeat, though poster-boy Oleksandr Zinchenko insisted his side “left everything on the pitch” amidst the heartache of suffering going on in his native country.
- Such effort by each heroic man in blue raises questions over whether Ukraine will muster the same fight again in what serves as their UNL opener. To dust themselves off after such disappointment would show incredible character and solidarity and with Ukraine’s last back-to-back international losses coming back in November 2020, a return to winning ways may be the perfect tonic to boost a nation ahead of their push for an instant return to League A.
- Players to watch: All four of Callum Robinson’s international goalscoring appearances have seen Ireland net at least three goals, whilst Ukraine’s Andriy Yarmolenko has opened the scoring with his last four international goals.
- Hot stat: Ukraine have conceded exactly once in seven of the last eight internationals (W3, D4, L1).
Match Preview: Londrina - CSA Predictions and Betting Tips 02.07.2022
Match Preview: Gold Coast Utd 0-1 Logan Lightning Predictions and Betting Tips 01.07.2022
Match Preview: Switzerland W 0-4 England W Predictions and Betting Tips 30.06.2022
Match Preview: SK Gjovik-Lyn 0-7 Stabaek Predictions and Betting Tips 29.06.2022