Match Preview: Faroe Islands 2-1 Lithuania Predictions and Betting Tips 11.06.2022
Faroe Islands – Lithuania Predictions & Tips For Today, June 11, 2022.
League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE C – ROUND 3
Match: 17:00 Faroe Islands – Lithuania
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Faroe Islands – Lithuania Match Preview
- After both failed to score in their respective UEFA Nations League C (UNL) defeats to Turkey and Luxembourg, the Faroe Islands and Lithuania appear to have little more to aim for than avoiding relegation in this UNL campaign as their first meeting since a November 2020 friendly approaches. With head-to-head results the first tiebreaker of the competition, the first of their two Group C1 H2Hs could end up being decisive.
- As the lowest seeded nation in League C, the Faroe Islands were amongst the favourites to be relegated to League D after being promoted in the previous edition. Poor discipline – highlighted by dual red cards and conceding their only goal from the penalty spot – left them rueing a missed opportunity to defeat a top-100 ranked nation (Luxembourg) for the first time in seven years last time out. As their promotion from League D in the previous cycle suggests, they should enjoy the presence of weaker opposition: the Faroese are undefeated from nine starts as pre-match favourites (W7, D2), with six wins coming at home.
- Celebrations of the Lithuania FA’s 100th anniversary have been soured by some dramatically poor performances, leaving head coach Valdas Ivanauskas facing questions from the media about his future following their second six-goal loss in three years which came at the hands of Turkey. As such, they’ve got the worst goal difference of any nation across the entire UNL (-8) after the completion of the opening two rounds.
- Lithuania’s unhappy relationship with this competition has seen them now lose ten of 14 UNL outings (W2, D2), and with three of their four remaining games to be played away from home, they’re now seen as likely relegation contenders. That said, their only two UNL victories were both as travelling outsiders in the previous League C (in Kazakhstan and Albania), so perhaps unfamiliar surroundings will be a welcome change.
- Players to watch: Faroe Islands forward Klæmint Olsen opened the scoring for his nation in four of their last five home victories, whilst Lithuanian midfielder Arvydas Novikovas scored the only goal during his previous away outing for Turkish club Erzurum.
- Hot streak: The Faroe Islands’ last ten matches have all produced under 1.5 first-half goals.
Match Preview: Londrina - CSA Predictions and Betting Tips 02.07.2022
Match Preview: Gold Coast Utd 0-1 Logan Lightning Predictions and Betting Tips 01.07.2022
Match Preview: Switzerland W 0-4 England W Predictions and Betting Tips 30.06.2022
Match Preview: SK Gjovik-Lyn 0-7 Stabaek Predictions and Betting Tips 29.06.2022